Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More change ~ Double Trouble


As several of you know . . . our older cat Jersey passed away in January. Jersey was 16 years old and had used up many of her 9 lives over the years. Liver problems, eating issues, a Hyperthyroid and old age to name a few of her challenges. Her kidneys decided to retire at the end of January. As sad as it was to put her down . . . we new it was time. She was a good girl and I miss her.
~~~~
This left our much younger cat Holly without a feline friend. We were informed by the local Humane Society that her brother was in foster care and would likely be available for adoption at the end of February. Last week we brought home Sidney. . . . Yes, as in "Sidney Crosby" for all you Canadian hockey fans :D. Sid the Kid scored the winning overtime goal for the Canadian Olympic Hockey Team. This active little guy will try his best to live up to his name sake.

Looks a lot like his sister ~ don't you think? Double Trouble I guess :D
He is 6 months younger though ~ same mother, different litter.
~~~~

Their mother is available at the Ottawa Humane Society if anyone is interested in adopting her. She prefers a family without dogs . . . so we chose the brother instead.


As for my wonder pup Cider . . . she can't keep up with all this feline change. Big yawn!
Just let me know when everyone is settled in she says.
~~~~

9 comments:

Marty said...

Karen, I stumbled on your blog this evening and just love it. I'm sorry to hear about Jersey, I'm sure you miss her greatly.

We have several interests in common and for that, I'll be back to visit again soon. I hope you'll check mine out as well. Thanks for the time and effort you've put into your blog! =)

Sheila said...

Oh Karen, How sweet Sydney is.. I love that sweet face.. cudle cudle.. We just got two kittens on saturday. they are our pole barn kittens.. They will not be in the house but will have rule of the barn. lol.. My grandsons named them soda and spike.. lol.. KIds..

The Green Pea said...

I love your blog . I just want to say, that you did the right thing with Jersey. It is a difficult decision. It shows your love for her. Hope you enjoy you new cats. They are so cute. sandi

Cindy said...

Oh my, Cider looks like can't be bothered with them, they are cute, nothing like a house full of animals, take care,

The Victorian Parlor said...

Karen,

I am so sorry about the passing of your beloved kitty. Sidney is beautiful and will no doubt bring lots of fun (and trouble:) to the house. What a good and patient dog Cider is for putting up with both kitties.

Blessings,

Kim

Monica said...

You're such in great company, Karen!
Sweet Cider! Give her some belly rubs from me!!
Hugs,
Monicaxx.

Brenda said...

I was just a week too early to meet Sidney - I must say, he looks like a little rascal LOL! Hope he and Holly are getting to know one another.

Brendie

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

I am so so sorry about Jersey. It's so hard to lose a pet. Syd looks so much like its sibling! Ubelieveable! Love their markings. Just beautiful cats. Cider is such a tolerant soul.... :)

Blessings
Kitty

The Sweetbrier Cottage said...

Warmest welcome to your newest arrival. I know the kittens will grow up to enjoy each other's company. Best wishes to Cider too!