Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Blooms in my Garden


I just love May !
In Canada it is the beginning of the best half of the year :)

We have about 500 little seedlings of White Pine, White Spruce and Red Pine planted in our back yard . . . . way back in the tall grass. I hope to convert that area from meadow to forest. You can see a few of the little green tops peeking out above the grass. This is their 3rd summer so I hope they really take off and grow like crazy this year!


My flower garden is starting to have some colour. My cats are thrilled to enjoy some fresh air. I hope to keep them as indoor kitties, as we have coyotes, fishers and owls in our neighbourhood. Not so good for young cats. I'll be putting a hook and eye on my screen door asap. I think they will learn how to slide that door quickly!


My Tulips have survived the nibbling deer . . . so far so good.



My "Snow on the Mountain" is in full bloom. The best kind of snow, lol.


Have a great week and enjoy the great weather !

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Everything look so beautiful, your cats are so precious, and well I just love Cider....that snow on the mountain...gorgeous....I have had enough snow...yesterday...glad you are well. take care.

Unknown said...

Had not heard of snow on the mountain before, it is gorgeous. Love the kits.

Have a blessed Mother's Day.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Brenda said...

Doesn't Cider look happy! Sort of like Lord of the Manor LOL! Sid and Holly are just adorable - gonna snuggle them one of these days :o)

Brenda

The Victorian Parlor said...

Your flowers are beautiful!!! The cats and Cider are lovely too:).

Blessings,

Kim

Nancy said...

Hi Karen...
Oh, your flowers are so pretty. So nice to be able to enjoy the spring weather. We are just getting over having snow on the ground. Sunny today, but not very warm yet.Blah!!

Cider and the kittens look like they are happy and enjoying the weather too!

Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day. Hope you don't have to do too many "motherly" duties!!

Hugs, Nancy
PS..not on facebook anymore...decided to stick to my blogs and etsy.

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

What a great idea to plant those seedlings. What fun to watch them all grow. And your kitties are so precious. Cider seems to be enjoying the good weather :) (as am I). The jewelry you found at the sale is wonderful, and the cameos, well, {sigh}, absolutely gorgeous! I am on vacation this week, although at home, which is fun with me. Time to catch up on things. Have a wonderful week and talk to you soon,

Blessings
Kitty

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Your flowers look so beautiful!! I love spring. Hope you had a wonderful Mothers day. xoxo Heather

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh my wonderful!\Terry